Reporting directly to the CFO, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for technical accounting under US accounting standards, consolidations, internal control structure and audit management. The Accounting Manager will also lead, and support activities associated with proactive analytics, process improvements, system enhancements, third party relationships, and the development of appropriate systems to ensure the Company’s long and short-term objectives.
- Manage processes to support monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes
- Prepare the consolidation of business units and associated analytics
- Manage G/L, A/R, A/P, payroll, and inventory, partnering with Supply Chain, Sales and HR to establish and maintain strong controls and communicate effectively with customer and vendors
- Lead cash management practices and debt covenant compliance, including communications and partnering with financial institutions
- Partner with business leads and the Finance team to understand and explain financial variances between actual results, prior-year results and forecasts
- Develop and mentor members of the accounting team
- Develop and manage company cost management practices
- Maintain accounting policies and practices that ensure compliance with US GAAP accounting and control requirements
- Regulate procurement and vendor management practices
- Research and advise on technical accounting issues that impact the company
- Experienced accounting leader with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong attention to detail.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting and a CPA designation or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience in accounting and internal control roles in mid-market companies.
- 10+ years accounting experience, with extensive experience specifically in accounting and internal control roles.
- Audit experience in a public accounting firm a plus, but not required.
- Extensive and current knowledge of US GAAP and multi-element sales revenue principles and practices associated with financial and cost accounting.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire people to focus on key priorities.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills. Good listening skills and the tact to know when to push for necessary changes.
- Problem solving experience and the ability to translate such skills to solve and think through complex issues and process improvements.
- Advanced skills with ERP and financial consolidations systems
- Advanced Excel skills
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Have questions?Connect with us.
3 Pillars of Voter Confidence
Making Voter Confidence Job #1 Secure systems + reliable communication + efficient poll processes = Voter trustLearn more
Securing the Paper Trail
Paper-trail voting is only as secure as the management practices that support it.Learn more
Transitioning to Paper Ballots
The eyes of Texas – and election watchers across the nation – were upon Denton County as it launched all-paper voting on a brand-new system.Learn more