Associate Build Engineer, Windows Platform
The Associate Build Engineer designs, develops, maintains, and documents Hart’s software repository, software configuration management system, and build processes for its election systems products. The Associate Engineer will also create and maintain the necessary environments to support the software development life cycle.
- Design, create and document, automated build and release systems for client/server, desktop, and embedded software applications.
- Document and maintain the build processes in detail.
- Monitor and administer the automated build and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution, and facilitate resolution of build failures.
- Streamline and improve the automation and repeatability of the build and deployment processes
- Maintain versioning, release management and archiving systems.
- Research modern technologies to streamline build and release processes, optimize source control management, and improve reporting on software performance.
- Work with Engineering and Software Quality Assurance teams to identify and prioritize process improvements.
- Windows platform configuration and services management (Windows 10).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
- Two years combined experience in software development, build/release engineering and software configuration management.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and environment management.
- Experience building systems developed on .NET Framework.
- Understanding of the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) processes.
- Experience with software version control systems and defect tracking systems.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Jenkins, MSBuild, and C# familiarity.
- PowerShell, batch, or other Windows scripting technologies.
- SVN, Git or other software versioning tools.
- Understanding of source code branching and merging strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous, organized, thorough and respect for quality control.
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.