The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the company’s manufacturing processes. The engineer is directly involved in the design of the company’s manufacturing process. Once the process is in place, the Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for maintaining the process as well as seeking to continually improve the process. The process of continuous improvement requires the Manufacturing Engineer to continually find ways to improve quality and efficiency, both of which lead to a better product and reductions in the cost of producing the product. The Engineer’s primary role is to provide ongoing process improvements, root cause analysis and corrective/prevention actions in a sustaining engineering role. This person will also work closely with product development as a key team member of Hart’s NPI team.
- Participate in multi-discipline product development teams for new product introduction projects.
- Works directly with product and design partners to ensure that product meets subsystem and system requirements from engineering prototypes through manufacturing pilot and release to manufacturing.
- Works with product development teams to improve product designs through Alpha, Beta, and Pilot prototype and production builds through hands-on testing and analysis.
- Drive DFx methodologies with cross functional product development teams, including Design for Manufacturability, Quality, Assembly, Test, Repair, and Reliability.
- Work with manufacturing team to define test requirements, implement end-of-line test system and to create testing procedures for Production and RMA use.
- Develop test strategies, processes and detailed documented procedures to ensure quality and efficient manufacturing processes.
- Generate documentation and ECO information for NPI and sustaining efforts.
- Lead product quality investigations to a successful conclusion through formal root cause analysis processes and reporting.
- Investigate causes of quality and yield problems identified in incoming Inspection, manufacturing processes, final inspection, and field failures.
- Interface with other departments as necessary to provide assistance in Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) execution.
- Participate in Change Control Review and Material Review Board activities.
- Provide support in product investigations.
- Provide ongoing technical support and training to manufacturing personnel and to Professional Services Group.
- Bachelor of Science degree in manufacturing engineering, systems engineering, industrial engineering or mechanical engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
- PMP certification preferred (Project Management Experience).
- 7+ years in a Manufacturing Engineering role within a diverse, multi-national supply chain.
- 3+ years in project management in the following capacities: project lead, costing, resource scheduling, and risk mitigation.
- Hands-on participation as member of product development team, providing contributions in prototype and new product test efforts, schematic, BOM, and PCB reviews, and DFx analysis and guidance.
- Familiarity with Product Data Management Systems, including processes and guidelines for Part Number, BOM, Revision, Deviation, and other change management tracking within a regulated environment.
- Developed and documented manufacturing test and assembly processes.
- Experience with Corrective & Preventive Analysis (CAPA) and failure investigation tools and techniques.
- Applied experience with quality and statistical analysis tools (e.g. SPC, 6 Sigma, Risk Analysis, FMEA, and trend analysis).
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with electrical engineering diagnostics tools and test equipment and processes.
- Occasional travel to manufacturing sites and to customer sites (10% typical).
- Must be able to handle 40 lb loads on a routine basis.
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Have questions?Connect with us.
Testing Before the Vote
Best practices for verifying the integrity of your election.Learn more
Post Election Audits
Routine, transparent and paper-backed processes support voter trust.Learn more
Securing the Paper Trail
Paper-trail voting is only as secure as the management practices that support it.Learn more