Regional Service Technician
A Regional Service Technician responds to all customer requests ranging from training requests, to phone support requests, to onsite repair of voting equipment requests. This individual is one of the local customer’s support routes. The position requires residency in Harris County, Texas. The Regional Service Technician handles all Return Material Authorization (RMA) requests for external customers for all Hart InterCivic Verity products within his/her region and provides on-site customer support and troubleshooting on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate with the Hart Corporate office and Hart Harris County and vicinity customers to provide contractually obligated support functions for Hart customers in the area.
- Provide response to Harris County, Texas and vicinity customers in coordination with the Hart Central Customer Support Center.
- Maintain and manage a small storage and shipping address/facility, possibly in the Harris County, Texas Elections Technology Center/warehouse (ETC).
- End-to-end knowledge and support of product returns for repair (RMAs), which includes but is not limited to analyzing, troubleshooting, triage, and routing to properly resolve all RMA’s.
- Work closely with Hart customers, Hart Supply Chain, Professional Services and Hart Engineering.
- Gather data as needed to identify the root cause when issues arise.
- Generate and distribute status reports on a monthly basis and per election.
- Recreate customer environment when troubleshooting the issues.
- Read and interpret documents such as user guides and training manuals and translate the information to the RMA process to facilitate efficient resolution of open RMAs.
- Service customers on-site for any variety of technical support, troubleshooting, and equipment maintenance reasons.
- Service customers on-site in support of training, documentation, installation, or other Hart Professional Service needs.
- Track to and adhere to contractual service level agreements (SLAs) and Statements of Work (SOWs).
- Deal with problems in a professional manner.
- Effectively use standard electronic diagnostic instruments and tools.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform general Shipping/Receiving duties as needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Residency in Harris County is a requirement of this job.
- Minimum 2 year technical degree or equivalent, working level of project management plus 2-4 years direct customer support in a technical environment.
- A working knowledge of computer and internet operations is required.
- Experience with an enterprise level ticketing application, county election management and/or county records management is preferred.
- Warehouse experience a plus.
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.