Sr. Software Engineer, User Interface Development
The Senior Software Engineer, User Interface Development is responsible for development and support of user interfaces in C# .Net, WPF and XAML in Hart InterCivic’s voting systems products. The engineer is experienced and skilled in the full software development life cycle, has used a variety of tool chains and methodologies, and excels at working in small teams. S/He must work with architects, developers, and quality assurance and application engineers as well as with engineering and product management. Hart’s voting systems user interfaces utilizes the WPF/XAML framework, so strong experience in those technologies is required.
- Maintain and enhance existing C# applications using WPF, XAML, HTML/XSLT, MVVM, .NET Framework, and .NET Core technologies.
- Design and develop visually rich and responsive GUI framework elements including custom WPF components.
- Assist with preparation of system documentation (e.g., design & interface design documents.
- Must be able to work independently and show initiative, but also communicate status and problems to other team members and supervisors.
- Write and execute unit tests.
- Follow software development processes and standards, with strict adherence for code compliance guidelines.
- Utilization and development architecture patterns & best practices.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in software development
- Minimum of 4 years with C# and .NET
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing user interfaces with C#, WPF and XAML for desktop applications
- Proven work history of completing projects on time and on budget, exceeding quality goals
- Experience with version control systems and defect tracking systems
- Experience working closely with SQA teams
- Unit test development
Required Skills and Experience:
- Highly proficient with C# and .NET
- Expert in user interface development, WPF and XAML
- Knowledge of Design Patterns, especially MVVM and Dependency Injection LINQ
- Multi-threading and inter-process communication
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills
- Must be an effective written and spoken communicator
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Analysis and Design and UML modeling
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Have questions?Connect with us.
5 Steps to Foster Trust in Elections
Evidenced-based elections create confidence.Learn more
Post Election Audits
Routine, transparent and paper-backed processes support voter trust.Learn more
Testing Before the Vote
Best practices for verifying the integrity of your election.Learn more