Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will work as a senior member of the Quality team. This individual will be responsible for leadership, planning, design, development and execution of test processes, test plans, test setups and test scripts for Hart election system’s suite of products. The test effort includes a variety of applications and products such as voting devices, desktop applications, client-server applications, embedded applications, device firmware, XML validation, relational databases, software utilities, customer specific applications, reports, and user documentation. All products within an election system are required to meet very high-quality standards as mandated by the federal and the state certification requirements. This person will be responsible for the final quality and test report of the product under their test and will ensure that it is in par with the certification requirements. This role requires senior-level proficiency and expertise including strong hands-on experience in Quality Assurance and testing methodologies/processes and its application in new product development. The ideal candidate will have passion for quality, an eye for detail and the willingness to go the extra mile. He/she will be a creative problem solver, a good mentor, will have a great attitude and team spirit.
- Understands and correctly interprets business, certification, and technical requirements
- Develops plans, strategies, and scripts to test these requirements
- Suggests changes to ensure the accuracy of documented requirements
- Participates in reviews of technical documentation, such as user manuals and suggests improvements and tests the incorporated procedures
- Develops a thorough understanding of the elections, PC, client-server, embedded applications and voting devices
- Plans, creates, maintains, and executes detailed test plans, sets up test environment, generates test data, and develops test scripts for verification of, but not limited to, software functionality, security, load, and performance
- Independently develops test plans, test reports and other related QA documentation
- Performs investigative testing on customer and other issues as required
- Leads/Assists/Participates in developing QA project schedules, QA project plans and risk mitigation strategies
- Learns and uses established test methodologies and tools such as for example, Quality Center and QTP/UFT tools for defect tracking, requirement gathering, planning, analyzing results, and executing test scripts
- Evaluates test processes and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement
- Maintains and administers test management or configuration management software
- Works synergistically, collaboratively and communicates effectively with the members of the Engineering team and management team
- Takes initiative, performs as a mentor, and helps build a positive, productive team
- B.S. degree in a technical or engineering field - Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or Applied Mathematics
- About 10 years of software application testing experience, in a hands-on Quality Assurance Engineer role.
- Must be passionate about quality and must have a strong attention to detail
- Must have senior level testing skills and an expert knowledge of standard QA methodologies related to software/firmware development and verification, and configuration management
- Must have experience using test management tools such as for example - Quality Center/Test Director or any other comparable test management tool(s)
- Ability to efficiently plan, organize, and execute independent test effort of product functionality, load and/or performance or similar test types and report results
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical software requirements, specifications, or governmental regulations
- Ability to fully understand client-server, embedded and database applications and their architecture
- Ability to understand relational database schemas and SQL queries for data validation
- Ability to act effectively as a senior member of an engineering team in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Able to multi-task and adapt quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to understand and relate project status and issues via clear verbal and written means.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with testing applications developed in .Net and C#
- Experience with FinTech Testing
- Experience with SW security (Vulnerability/Penetration) testing
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.