Software Engineer, Applications Development
The Software Engineer, Applications Development is responsible for design, development and support of applications and utilities used in conjunction with Hart InterCivic’s election systems products. This “full stack” engineer will focus on class, service, domain, ORM, and database development. The candidate must be skilled in full software development life cycle with a concentration in the Microsoft C#/.NET stack and must work with architects, developers, quality assurance and product owners in the development of elections applications.
- Design, document, and write software across the full application stack.
- Participate in the specification and design of software applications across the election’s systems suite.
- Write and execute unit tests.
- Follow software development processes and standards.
- Utilize documented architectural patterns & software best practices.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years in software development, with at least 3 years with C#/.NET, with desktop applications development experience.
- NHibernate or other Object-relational mapping tools, with experience using LINQ.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET user interface application stack, including: WPF and XAML.
- .NET multi-threading and inter-process communications, with WCF experience desired.
- Proven work history of completing projects on time and on budget, exceeding quality goals.
- Experience with version control systems and defect tracking systems, SVN preferred.
- Experience working closely with Product Owners and SQA teams.
- Experience with a variety of development processes, but Domain Driven Design preferred.
- Skilled in Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Design Patterns.
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills.
- SQL Server 2017 (and later) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with proficiency in T-SQL.
- Security frameworks & Microsoft Cryptography Stack.
- Understanding of SOLID Principles and dependency injection patterns.
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Have questions?Connect with us.
Testing Before the Vote
Best practices for verifying the integrity of your election.Learn more
Post Election Audits
Routine, transparent and paper-backed processes support voter trust.Learn more
Securing the Paper Trail
Paper-trail voting is only as secure as the management practices that support it.Learn more