Technical Services Consultant
Under general direction, performs a variety of complex duties in providing information systems and technology support to Hart voting solutions internal and external customers. Analyzes, maintains operating stability and efficiency and ensures the security of operations and company resources; organizes desktop and notebook systems and infrastructure; conducts necessary technology research and analysis; fulfills, configures and deploys new hardware and software; provides internal and external user training and support both in the office and in the field as required, provides support to the supply chain, documents processes, works with Depot Repair group to minimize equipment repair cycle time(s) as needed, works Ballot Production Services (BPS) as needed and works Tier 1 and 2 Customer Support Center (CSC) as needed. Also performs other duties as assigned.
- Installs, maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs internal and external customer voting solution computer systems for company product applications, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Organizes, documents and installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs software upgrades to ensure proper systems operations and resolve system issues.
- Sustains proper software and hardware combinations per system versions.
- Tests new hardware and software for compatibility with company applications
- Provides support to internal and external users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems – both hardware and software. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Responsible for client Asset Management to include asset inventory/ordering/fulfillment/audit & tracking, asset administration & reporting.
- Provides sales support through preparation of equipment for demonstrations of products.
- Handles Sales and Demo support, including preparation and testing of equipment as well as possible onsite customer-facing support and or presentations.
- Some knowledge of Windows 10 Server Operating System installation, configuration, and fault isolation procedures using analyses, resolution methods, and diagnostics tools.
- Experience with Windows based hard disk imaging capture and deployment using Norton Ghost or Microsoft DISM.
- Understanding of networking concepts associated with connectivity, installation, troubleshooting, and fault isolation of LAN/WAN, routing, VPN, and Firewall in a multi-protocol environment.
- Understanding of Windows based drivers and their effect on Hart software applications.
- Working knowledge of Desktop hardware component connectivity and installation.
- Some knowledge of Windows servers in an enterprise environment including Server Security Structures, Group policy, Trust Relationships, Active Directory Services, Logon Authentication, Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name Service (DNS), Browsers, TCP/IP, Domain Structures, and Domain Database Synchronization.
- Some knowledge and understanding of configuring workstation RAID configurations.
- Ability to develop and maintain accurate and precise technical and administrative procedural documentation, plans, and deployment strategies that may be followed by non-technical personnel.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Travel may be required at times.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Associate or Technical degree and one (1) year related experience in Microsoft Windows environment. Technical training in above experience may be substituted for education or experience on a year-per-year basis.
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.