Associate Product Manager
As an Associate Product Manager, you will join a team that is charged with product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, in support of the company’s overall strategy and goals. This includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product and vision, and increasing the profitability of existing products or developing new ones.
The Associate Product Manager should possess formal product management training or experience and may have experience working with the State and Local Government market. The Associate Product Manager should be experienced at gathering market data, working with cross-functional teams, and gaining a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Perform market validation activities (outbound calls, data analysis)
- Conduct win/loss interviews and disseminate information appropriately
- Gather competitive intelligence from various sources, including:
- Marketing materials
- Publicly available system and training manuals
- Certification reports
- Sales input
- Public system demonstrations
- FOIA requests
- Analyze and document the strengths and weaknesses of competitive products
- Provide regular competitive updates and talking points to the Sales team
- Provide roadmap input focused on competitive analysis
- Brief and train the sales, marketing, and certification teams
- Support sales and certification events as needed
- Maintain uniform platform for tracking, listing, and prioritizing product requirements
- Maintain and disseminate configuration management documentation and version control
- Maintain shared internal and external communication resources, including SharePoint and MS Teams sites
- Assist with preparation and support of product certification events as needed
- Provide training to cross-functional teams (Sales, Operations, Marketing) on product updates and enhancements
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
Pragmatic Marketing training preferred.
- At least five years of professional work experience.
- Experience in elections administration or working with the state and local government market is a plus.
- Organizational skills and discipline.
- High energy, creativity, and professional assertiveness.
- Ability to write formal documentation, i.e. technical writing, requirements documents, etc.
- Technical experience; literacy with computers, software, and hardware.
- Experience working with SharePoint and Microsoft Teams is a plus.
- Customer-orientation and customer presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in the United States (25%).
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communications, professional journals, and governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Facility with quantitative techniques and their application to practical business situations are required in this professional position.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to multi-task, plan time effectively, solve problems, and apply logic and reason in situations with limited standardization are required. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In order to accomplish problem analysis and troubleshooting of computer hardware, employees should be able to lift thirty pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While on-site with clients, employees will be expected to conduct, and present, themselves in a professional and courteous manner. Employees are expected to be available by cell phone while on a client site. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department
Position: Associate Product Manager