Certification Project Manager
The Certification Project Manager manages state and federal certification projects of our Hardware and Software products, under the direction of the Sr. Director of Product Management. The Certification Project Manager must be able to exercise sound judgment and interact with regulatory authorities in a professional manner, particularly in high-pressure situations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Submit state/federal certification application materials
- Determine application requirements and documentation needs.
- Compile and/or create technical documentation.
- Coordinate with state certification authorities on receipt of application materials and overall project status.
- Plan for and coordinate logistics for onsite state/federal certification activities
- Create test plans and agendas for onsite testing and coordinate with state contacts on approval.
- Determine equipment needs and coordinate with Certification Coordinator on availability and preparation requirements.
- Create elections and ballots for use in state certification testing activities.
- Ensure that all elections and equipment are thoroughly tested and prepared for state certification activities.
- Coordinate with state contacts and Certification Project Coordinator on delivery, set up, and event logistics.
- Lead onsite state/federal certification activities
- Provide supervision and guidance to resources assigned to onsite certification activities.
- Set up and prepare equipment for testing activities.
- Provide technical troubleshooting onsite as needed, both before and during the testing event.
- Demonstrate equipment and software to state certification authorities and answer technical and procedural questions.
- Provide follow-up materials as needed for state certification authorities.
- Ensure all equipment and supplies are properly packed and ready to return following the event.
- Provide follow up to state/federal certification activities
- Submit post-event reports and feedback to the certification and product management team.
- Provide follow up documentation to state authorities as needed.
- Manage compliance activities and relationships with assigned states.
- Provide feedback to Product Management team on product requirements as determined through state certification testing activities.
- Provide assistance with Product Management system testing and validation activities.
- Ability to train and assist in Professional Services implementations at customer locations
- Assist Sales and Operations with onsite demonstrations, implementations and services as needed.
- Serve as internal Subject Matter Expert for assigned states.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, PMP a plus
- 5 years’ experience in compliance-related role preferred
- Strong understanding of state and local government preferred
- Strong organizational skills, along with precise attention to detail
- Strong customer-orientation and presentation skills
- Exceptional written and communications skills
- Technical experience; literacy with computers, software, and hardware
- High energy, creativity, and professional assertiveness
This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in the United States from 25%-50% during peak event cycles, with in-office time during non-peak periods.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department
Position: Certification Project Manager