Customer Support Consultant
The Customer Support Consultant is responsible for providing application and hardware support to Hart InterCivic customers via telephone and email for all Hart InterCivic products. The Support Consultant is also responsible for monitoring all requests to ensure efficient, effective resolution. The successful CSC will work directly with customers and other staff members. The position is responsible for responding to customer contacts, dealing with issues in a professional manner, providing technical direction to customers in a manner they can understand and being a customer advocate. The CSC must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquires a functional level of knowledge for all Hart InterCivic products and their modules
- Manages and organizes information and documentation for customer issues
- Applies advanced knowledge of computer software tools to problem-solving situations
- Engages in professional growth experiences, including training in software applications relevant to the position
- Stays informed on support methodologies
- Keeps up with revisions to any relevant materials
- Works cooperatively with Hart InterCivic field personnel to ensure customer satisfaction
- Complies with, and keeps up with changes in, Hart InterCivic policies, procedures and regulations
- Occasionally visits customer sites or trade events
- Answers, resolves and routes customer queries,
- Deals with problems in a professional manner,
- Reads and interprets documents such as user guides and training manuals and translates the information to the customer in a manner which they can understand.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to create, read and interpret XML, TXT/CSV and HTML files using common tools and have at least a rudimentary understanding of relational databases.
- Ability to “multi-task”, plan time effectively, problem solve, apply logic and reason to a situation
- Must possess the ability to accurately assess a given situation and decide the logical course of action
- Support certification and membership in professional support organizations are preferred
- May need to do light lifting. The ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods is required
Education and/or Experience
A minimum High School Diploma, plus 2-4 years direct customer support in a technical environment. College level education or advanced technical certifications encouraged. A working knowledge of computer and internet operations is required. Experience with relational DBMS support, enterprise level case management application, county election management is preferred.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department
Position: Field Sales Director