Finance Director & Corporate Controller
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Finance Director & Corporate Controller will be responsible for technical accounting under US accounting standards, financial reporting and consolidations, internal control structure and audit management. The Finance Director & Corporate Controller will also lead and support activities associated with proactive analytics, process improvements, reporting enhancements, third party relationships, and the development of appropriate systems to ensure the Company’s long and short-term objectives.
- Manage processes to support monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement close processes
- Maintain executive reporting structure to leadership team, Board of Directors and investors
- Prepare the consolidation of business units and associated analytics
- Manage G/L A/R, A/P, payroll, and inventory
- Lead cash management practices and debt covenant compliance
- Work with the executive team to manage budgeting and forecasting activity
- Partner with business leads to understand and explain financial variances between actual results, prior-year results and forecasts
- Develop and mentor members of the accounting team
- Develop and manage company cost management practices
- Maintain accounting policies and practices that ensure compliance with US GAAP accounting and control requirements
- Regulate procurement and vendor management practices
- Research and advise on technical accounting issues that impact the company
- Identify and lead process improvement projects to automate and streamline current accounting and reporting procedures to maximize the contribution to strategic and business goals
- Manage various internal and external audits
- Coordinate with external tax preparers for state and federal tax returns
- Develop and review metrics to determine the operational effectiveness of processes
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of financial information, accounting systems and financial controls
- Monitor and evaluate internal control environment
- Enhance financial systems as appropriate to improve analytical and reporting capabilities
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will be an experienced financial leader with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong attention to detail.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting and a CPA designation
- Extensive experience in accounting and internal control roles in mid-market companies
- 10+ years finance/accounting experience, with extensive experience specifically in accounting and internal control roles
- Audit experience in a public accounting firm a plus, but not required
- Extensive and current knowledge of US GAAP and multi-element sales revenue principles and practices associated with financial and cost accounting
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire people to focus on key priorities.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills. Good listening skills and the tact to know when to push for necessary changes.
- Problem solving experience and the ability to translate such skills to solve and think through complex issues and process improvements
- Advanced skills with ERP and financial consolidations systems
- Advanced Excel skills
This individual must possess unquestionable character and absolute integrity. The Finance Director & Corporate Controller must be an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards. Additional characteristics desired include:
- A well organized, trustworthy and self-directed individual who can relate to people at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter and able to dig into the details
- Genuine in his/her approach to dealing with people, and engenders trust and commitment from those around him/her
- A strong work ethic, driven towards success
- Personal and organizational maturity with intellectual curiosity.
- Decisive, bright, confident, friendly and well respected
- A strong drive to find better ways to operate
- Proven display of sound and accurate judgment skills
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department