Inside Sales Representative
Responsible for the retention and development of a public sector customer base across the United States via outbound and inbound calls and other communication methods. Solutions include election products, print products, hardware accessories, supplies and other products as defined. The inside sales representative will work cooperatively other members of the team to create new customers and meet or exceed sales quotas. Understands the value proposition and is responsible for pre-sales/sales of the company’s products and services; supports the development of a customer base through outbound calls; effectively communicates Hart strengths and recommends business solutions considering customer needs and Hart offerings; prepares and distributes sales materials; provides customers with product information; supports inquiries about products or services. Proactively recommends items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability. Ability to manage transactional and complex sales cycles. Prepares and distributes sales materials; provides customers with product information; supports catalog and information response efforts and inquiries about products or services. Increases customer base by using marketing programs and national, regional or local contact leads. Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction and is responsible for revenue goal attainment. Acts decisively and independently to resolve issues on a timely basis.
- Works persistently to gain new accounts and/or identify opportunities in account territory
- Direct involvement with outside sales lead
- Effectively articulates the value proposition associated with Hart’s products and services
- Recommends business solutions considering customer needs and Hart’s interests
- Builds relationships with customers based on knowledge of Hart’s technology, products, services
- Leverages cross-functional resources to achieve results/meet customer needs
- Effectively prioritizes multiple demands while ensuring customer needs are met
- Makes decision based on an appropriate amount of information/data analysis
- Knowledge of applicable IT technology, products, and services and is able to identify how these products and services align to customer needs
- Ability to create/execute an action plan to make unsolicited contact with targeted people to capture interest for further discussion
- Ability to select and execute effective sales strategies and tactics in a differentiated manner to win the business
- Ability to establish and accelerate forward motion toward desired sales objective
- Ability to differentiate and position the value of entire product and service offering
- Articulate product solution features and benefits via phone communication, with the ability to determine fit of our products to the business challenges faced by our prospects & customers
- Conduct outbound phone sales calls on end users, IT professionals, and other deal influencers
- Conduct conference call meetings and web-based demonstrations with prospects and customers when necessary
- Educate prospects and customers on how our product will benefit their business practice.
- Assess and understand customer requirements to determine and recommend appropriate solutions
- Remain aware of Hart’s industry through trade show and conference attendance, self-study and training seminars offered through the company
- Provide product and competitive feedback to product management and marketing.
- Prepare and deliver quotation packages
- Communicate future product development features to prospects, customers and partners as required
Other Responsibilities include:
- Document sales events and forecast pipeline utilizing online contact management system
- Assess regional partner relationships and resource requirements
- Work with other members of the sales team including sales management and marketing personnel to develop and implement new sales programs, products, and services
- Identify and qualify potential business opportunities and customer needs
- Maintain networks and relationships to keep abreast of competitors’ activities and develop and maintain effective business relationships in the industry
- Work with senior sales executives and management to ensure effective coordination of sales efforts
- Conduct research and competitive analysis associated with new opportunities
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Relevant experience, especially focused in IT solutions areas, public sector sales experience a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills.
- Ability to understand technical solutions.
- Track record of exceeding quota objectives.
- Experience selling to executive levels.
- Financial management skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly motivated, strong work ethic, manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Consultative selling skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong problem solver with the ability to multi-task between tactical and strategic activities.
- 20%+ travel with 24-48 hrs. notice
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department
Position: Field Sales Director