Product Manager, Applications and Services
As Product Manager, you will join a team that is charged with product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, in support of the company’s overall strategy and goals. This includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product and vision, and increasing the profitability of existing products or developing new ones.
The Product Manager should possess formal product management training and experience. The Product Manager should be experienced at managing strategic partners, leading cross-functional teams, and analyzing data to support business strategies.
- Manage process for identifying and evaluating product integration requests and requirements.
- Work with Operations, Sales and Marketing to assess, identify, and develop services product offerings.
- Develop Statements of Work (SOWs) for custom engineering projects and create product requirements documents for Product Design.
- Create business cases, including Return on Investment analysis and market studies.
- Work with cross-functional teams to determine product needs and brainstorm effective solutions.
- Analyze data to determine ROI and assess potential value of applications.
- Develop expert knowledge of customer base to determine where enhanced user experiences can be provided.
- Identify and analyze potential partnership opportunities and manage strategic partner relationships.
- Participate in regular customer interactions, visits to customer sites, and product demonstrations.
- Design and conduct training for Sales, Operations, and Certification staff.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Pragmatic Marketing training preferred.
- At least five years of professional work experience.
- Experience in elections administration or working with the state and local government market is a plus.
- Organizational skills and discipline.
- High energy, creativity, and professional assertiveness.
- Ability to write formal documentation, i.e. technical writing, requirements documents, etc.
- Technical experience; literacy with computers, software, and hardware.
- Experience working with SharePoint and Microsoft Teams is a plus.
- Customer-orientation and customer presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in the United States (25%).
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communications, professional journals, and governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Facility with quantitative techniques and their application to practical business situations are required in this professional position.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to multi-task, plan time effectively, solve problems, and apply logic and reason in situations with limited standardization are required. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In order to accomplish problem analysis and troubleshooting of computer hardware, employees should be able to lift thirty pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While on-site with clients, employees will be expected to conduct, and present, themselves in a professional and courteous manner. Employees are expected to be available by cell phone while on a client site. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department
Position: Product Manager Applications