As Product Manager, you will join a team that is charged with product planning, design, and execution throughout the lifecycle of Hart’s products, in support of the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- gathering, validating, and prioritizing internal and external customer needs;
- documenting and communicating product and technical requirements;
- gathering market and competitive intelligence;
- supporting the certification, sales, and marketing teams.
The Product Manager must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy – with experience in elections technology or other government-oriented products preferred. To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate must spend time in the market to understand its unique attributes; demonstrate competence with specialized hardware and software; and find innovative solutions for the broader market. The Product Manager plays a key role in helping others to understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer, as well as providing advanced subject matter expertise in using the company’s products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather, understand and clearly define user problems and market needs.
- Understand Federal and State regulatory requirements.
- Work on an integrated product portfolio consisting of multiple interdependent hardware and software components.
- Develop product and technical requirements based on customer, market, and regulatory needs.
- Maintain documentation throughout the product lifecycle:
- Product Requirements Documents (PRDs)
- Technical Requirements Documents (TRDs)
- Product Release Documentation
- Perform competitive research and analysis
- Partner with Product Marketing to craft messaging, positioning, and collateral.
- Brief and train the sales, marketing, and certification teams
- Support sales and certification events as needed
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree, or the equivalent, is required. At least 2+ years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified is preferred. Professional courses or certificate training in product management is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Product Management function based on experience, formal training, or both.
- Ability to write formal documentation, i.e. technical writing, requirements documents, etc.
- Knowledge of the election industry and voting technology (hardware, software, services) or government oriented products preferred.
- Direct experience in UX/UI design preferred.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of internal and external organizations and constituencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; including formal presentation skills.
- Strong customer-orientation.
- Demonstrated “self-starter” – assumes responsibility and takes accountability.
- Capable of operating in a team-based, matrixed environment.
- Ability and flexibility to travel.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department
Position: Product Manager