Product Manager – Sales Enablement
As Product Manager, you will join a team that is charged with product planning, design, and execution throughout the lifecycle of Hart’s products, in support of the company’s overall strategy and goals. Hart’s products consist of an integrated product portfolio consisting of multiple interdependent hardware and software components.
This position focuses on competitive analysis, product positioning, and sales enablement, with a heavy emphasis on the following activities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather competitive intelligence from various sources, including:
- Marketing materials
- Publicly available system and training manuals
- Certification reports
- Sales input
- Public system demonstrations
- FOIA requests
- Analyze and document the strengths and weaknesses of competitive products
- Provide regular competitive updates and talking points to the Sales team
- Create the assets for internal and external use:
- product positioning
- election technology whitepapers
- technical responses for product questions (RFP responses, demo questions)
- product requirements
- Provide roadmap input focused on competitive analysis
- Brief and train the sales, marketing, and certification teams
- Support sales and certification events as needed
- Develop a deep understanding of:
- Hart’s existing products
- User problems and market needs.
- Federal and State regulatory requirements.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree, or the equivalent, is required. At least 2+ years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified is preferred. Professional courses or certificate training in product management is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of the election industry and voting technology (hardware, software, services) or government-oriented products strongly preferred
- Ability to write formal documentation, i.e. technical writing, requirements documents, etc.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of internal and external organizations and constituencies
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Strong written and oral communication skills; including formal presentation skills
- Strong customer-orientation
- Demonstrated “self-starter” – assumes responsibility and takes accountability
- Capable of operating in a team-based, matrixed environment
- Ability and flexibility to travel
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department
Position: Product Manager