Product Marketing Manager
The Product Marketing Manager sits at the intersection of Sales, Product Management and Marketing. This person oversees and executes a closed-loop process designed to ensure our product roadmap reflects market needs and trends and that our Sales and Marketing teams are delivering the right messages to the market. The role reports to Marketing but will have to manage multiple cross-functional relationships to be successful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Gather and analyze market data/insights utilizing all available input sources including direct customer/prospect interaction, Sales team input, Ops team input, quantitative analysis of market statistics and other sources
- Translate those insights into product roadmap and certification roadmap requirements, ensuring that the product certification roadmap is aligned with market opportunity and timing
- Assuming we can’t serve all markets simultaneously, Product Marketing Manager will be involved in trade-off discussions to find the optimum solution based on many variables (e.g. P&L opportunity, Development / Product Management / Certification teams’ bandwidth, costs, etc.)
- Prepare product go-to-market plan aligned with above product & certification roadmap, ensuring Sales is properly resourced and trained, territories are aligned with market opportunities and timing and audience-specific messaging is created and delivered appropriately across all Sales and Marketing channels
- Create product positioning/messaging statements aligning with known market needs/pain points, including:
- What is the product? How should it be positioned from a customer/market perspective?
- How does it address known needs/pain points?
- How is it different/better than the competition and/or what the customer is using today?
- Anticipated objections/counter-selling and messaging to eliminate or overcoming those objections
- Generic and/or audience-specific messaging (e.g. are there unique personas requiring custom messaging?)
- Provide technical knowledge and support for Sales and Marketing enablement, including regular Sales training, Marketing material SME review (including partnering with Product Development team on RFP response content)
- May include support for Sales demonstrations and equipment needs (in support of Sales Engineer)
- Once product is in-market, gather insights on the customer ownership experience to share with Ops for proactive/reactive customer support, Sales & Marketing for message evolution and with Product Management for future product enhancements
- Be flexible and nimble to respond to unexpected market developments (from customers, regulators, competitors, etc.)
Education and/or Experience
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Technical or Marketing undergrad preferred. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of Product Marketing/Brand Management experience in Technology
- Experience working with Inside Sales, Outside Sales and Marketing Communications teams
- Strong understanding of state and local government
- Strong organizational skills, along with attention to detail
- Able to effectively operate in a matrix environment – coordinating people and resources from multiple areas of the company. Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- High energy, creativity, and professional assertiveness
- Technical experience; literacy with computers, software, and hardware
- Customer-orientation and presentation skills, along with exceptional written and communication skills
This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in the United States (15%).
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department
Position: Product Marketing Manager