The Program Manager will be responsible for leading, facilitating and coordinating cross-functional development teams for introducing new products and solutions in in accordance with the New Product Development (NPD) stage-gate process. The successful candidate will need to coordinate cross-functional teams in the definition of the NPD scope and deliverables, as well as to plan and manage the organization readiness for the successful launches of the assigned NPD projects. This individual has a strong background as a successful project manager, with demonstrated cross-functional success in commercial product development of software and systems solutions.
- Lead NPD timeline development and tracking for the NPD process to achieve required introduction and launch targets
- Facilitate engineering project activities, including project and release planning, risk management, development milestones (sprint plans), deployment and maintenance activities using multi-disciplined development lifecycle practices (Waterfall, Agile, Kanban)
- Oversees the development and maintenance of detailed project plans (functional requirements, project schedules, and risk mitigation plans). Performs estimation efforts with functional managers on complex projects and tracks progress.
- Coordinate project reviews; communicating project status and top engineering issues to project team and management
- Drive suppliers / vendors, integrating their deliverables and schedules into project
- Work with supply chain the manage end-of-life components/systems and integrate replacements into the product development and certification roadmap.
- Directs the execution of multiple concurrent projects. Manages risks to ensure on time delivery of project deliverables. Works with functional managers to ensure all project activities are completed per plan.
- Prepare for and chair monthly Program Review with executive team and functional leaders, including gate-review preparation and scheduling
- Manage the stage-gate deliverables schedule to ensure that new products or solutions are launched successfully and on-time.
- Work with functional leaders to ensure proper allocation of resources and technical expertise for the programs or projects.
- Facilitate cross functional core team meetings to ensure program deliverables and targets are met.
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, including senior leadership on project status updates.
- Create and maintain project documentation including status reports, meeting minutes, NPD schedules, changes, issues, gate reviews, and team presentations. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Actively manage changes (scope, schedule and cost).
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering discipline (computer, electrical, industrial engineering)
- Formal training in project management and/or project management certification (PMP) strongly preferred
- Certified scrum master or other software development certification highly desired
Project Management Experience
- 8+ combined experience in project and program management, half of which includes demonstrated experience in multi-discipline program management (hardware, software, regulatory, finance, product management and supply chain)
- Demonstrated ability to manage development projects in a commercial environment. Expert knowledge of various DLCs and project management methodologies, from Waterfall, Kanban to Scrum. Agile Development and Scrum Master Certification preferred.
- Implementation and demonstrated effective use of development management frameworks and tools including Jira, Confluence, Rally, MS Project and other project management and audit tools.
- Experience with program management in a regulated industry, including formal audits and reviews, design history files, change control boards, and structured phase-gate reviews is desired.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, project budgeting, and risk management techniques within a matrix managed organization.
- Experience in managing component and systems end-of-life, including alternative analysis and recommendation.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills balanced with results-oriented decision-making ability.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to very quickly understand and relate project status and issues via clear verbal and written means.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department
Position: Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer