Project Managers at Hart InterCivic are highly motivated “self-starters” who are enthusiastic about providing exceptional customer service. Working with other members of the Professional Services and Operations teams, the Project Manager directs activity, solves problems, and develops lasting and strong relationships with our customers. Hart InterCivic’s unique and industry known culture of innovation, transparency, and customer-centric focus creates an environment where team members will continually grow and be challenged to develop their careers.
- Acquire an expert level of knowledge of both the Hart Voting System and Verity Voting System
- Develop project plans and applicable subordinate plans, including identification of risks and contingency plans.
- Identify and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Assess client needs throughout the project and manages those needs, expectations and relationships.
- Direct and coordinates activities to ensure project progresses on schedule.
- Modify schedules and plans as required in response to changing project dynamics.
- Provide technical advice and resolves problems.
- Create a strong client relationship that encourages questions and participation.
- Participate in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to obtain information useful for supporting Hart’s customers, and integrates acquired information into project management and support methods.
- Other duties may be assigned
Ability to lead and coach others. While managing implementations, the Project Manager will be required to supervise all project team members. Supervisory functions may include direct job management, coaching, on-the-job training, evaluating, tracking time sheets, and/or providing logistical, strategic, and technical support.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency in project management processes and tools
- Strong customer-orientation
- Ability to facilitate change in organizations
- Strong customer presentation skills
- Organized and disciplined
- Highly energetic, creative, professionally assertive
- Ability to build long-term client relationships
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time
- Demonstrated initiative/”self-starter” – assume responsibility for work and take initiative
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, or the equivalent, is required. Computer literacy is required. Elections administration experience is preferred. Project Management certification (PMP) s preferred, or five years project management experience in lieu of certification.
This job requires significant amounts of travel. While the job should typically demand an average of 75% time spent in travel, during critical points in an installation more travel may be required. In order to accomplish problem analysis and troubleshooting of computer hardware, employees should be able to lift thirty pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs .
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department
Position: Project Manager