Software Build Engineer, Windows Platform
The Software Build Engineer designs, develops, maintains, and documents Hart’s software repository, software configuration management system, and build processes. The person in this position will also create and maintain the necessary environments to support the software development life cycle.
- Design, create, document and maintain continuous, automated build and release systems for client/server, desktop and embedded software applications
- Document and maintain the build processes in detail
- Monitor and administer the automated build and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution, and facilitate resolution of build failures
- Streamline and improve the automation and repeatability of the build processes
- Design, develop and maintain versioning, release management and archiving systems
- Enforce polices to manage source code repository including branching, merging and tagging strategies
- Research new technologies to streamline build and release processes, optimize source control management, and improve reporting on software performance
- Work with Engineering and Software Quality Assurance teams to identify and prioritize process improvements
- Windows platform configuration and services management (Windows Embedded 7, Windows 10)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- Five years combined experience in software development, build/release engineering and software configuration management with at least three years in a build or configuration management role
- Experience with the full software development life cycle and environment management
- Experience building systems developed on .NET Framework
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience with software version control systems and defect tracking systems
- Proven work history of completing projects on time and on budget, exceeding quality goals.
- Jenkins, MSBuild, and C# familiarity.
- PowerShell, Python, batch or other Windows scripting technologies.
- SVN, Git or other software versioning tools.
- Knowledge of source code branching and merging strategies
- Proficiency and hands-on experience creating and configuring Windows embedded operating systems
- Superb written documentation tools
- Strong problem solving, analytical and debugging skills
- Proven ability to collaborate and solid track record of excellent of effective delivery and customer service. Must be able to thrive while constantly in the critical path
- Must be an effective written and spoken communicator with staff and company management
- Detail oriented, organized, thorough and respect for quality control
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Windows installer creation technologies
- Experience with Windows Embedded Standard 7 and Windows 10 IoT
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Client/Server systems
- C# programming experience
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs .
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department
Position: Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer