Software Engineer, Applications Development
The Software Engineer, Applications Development is responsible for design, development and support of applications and utilities used in conjunction with Hart InterCivic’s election systems products. This “full stack” engineer will focus on class, service, domain, ORM, and database development. The candidate must be skilled in full software development life cycle with a concentration in the Microsoft C#/.NET stack and must work with architects, developers, quality assurance and product owners in the development of elections applications.
- Design, document, and write software across the full application stack.
- Participate in the specification and design of software applications across the election’s systems suite.
- Write and execute unit tests
- Follow software development processes and standards
- Utilize documented architectural patterns & software best practices.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years in software development, with at least 3 years with C#/.NET
- Applications Development win a WinTel environment, with a background in desktop applications
- NHibernate or other Object-relational mapping tools, with experience using LINQ
- Experience with Microsoft .NET user interface application stack, including: WCF, WPF and XAML.
- Multi-threading and inter-process communication, with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) experience desired.
- Proven work history of completing projects on time and on budget, exceeding quality goals.
- Experience with version control systems and defect tracking systems, SVN preferred
- Experience working closely with Product Owners and SQA teams
- Experience with a variety of development processes, but Domain Driven Design preferred
- Unit test development
- Skilled in Object Oriented Analysis and Design and UML modeling
- Dependency Injection
- Knowledge of SOLID Principles & Design Patterns
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- SQL Server 2017 (and later) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)or later.
- Domain Driven Design
- Security frameworks & Microsoft Cryptography Stack
- SOA and service design
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department
Position: Software Engineer, Applications Development