The Solutions Consultant provides supporting technical functions critical to sales productivity and effectiveness. Today, this role is an individual contributor and does not directly manage people. This position will report to the VP of Sales.
Candidate should demonstrate competence in most or all of the following:
- Attention to Detail: Focus on details to ensure successful campaigns
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
Candidate responsibilities will include:
- Planning and building technical presentations customized for each unique state market
- Traveling with the sales team to attend meetings and demonstrations that require advanced technical expertise
- Preparing election equipment and software, as needed, in support of sales and marketing activity
- Liaison for sales technical needs with internal stakeholders such as Product Management and Engineering
- Provide technical input and preparation in support of proposal & RFP responses
- Participate in deal strategy discussions to build technically superior closing plans.
- Excellent Knowledge of the Election’s industry and the use of election technology. Preferred 5+ years’ experience.
- Knowledge of software applications: MS Excel, MS Word , MS PowerPoint and Salesforce.com
- Willingness and ability to travel typically 75% of the time
- Experience working remotely from a home office
- Field Sales experience a significant plus
- Public sector experience a significant plus
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Detail oriented with a strong focus on research and problem solving
- Four-year college degree, MBA a plus
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs .
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department
Position: Field Sales Director