Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
The Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer will work as a key member of the Quality team. This individual will be responsible for leadership, planning, design, development and execution of test processes, test plans, test setups and test scripts for Hart InterCivic’s election systems suite of products.
This includes a variety of applications and products such as voting devices, desktop applications, client-server applications, embedded applications, device firmware, XML validation, relational databases, software utilities, customer specific applications, reports and user documentation.
All election systems products are required to meet very high quality standards as mandated by federal and state certification requirements. This person will be responsible for the final quality of the product under their test and will ensure that it is in par with the certification requirements. This role requires proficiency and strong hands-on experience in Quality assurance and testing methodologies/processes and its application in product development. The ideal candidate will have passion for quality and detail. He/she will be a creative problem solver and have a great attitude and team spirit.
- Understands and correctly interprets business, certification and technical requirements. Develops plans, strategies and scripts to test these requirements. Suggests changes to ensure the accuracy of documented requirements.
- Plans, creates, maintains and executes detailed test plans test environment, test data, and test scripts for verification of, but not limited to, software functionality, security, load, and performance.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the functionality of elections, PC, client-server, embedded applications and voting devices.
- Assists in developing QA project schedules, project plans and risk mitigation strategies.
- Responsible for using established test methodologies and tools such as for example, HP Quality Center and HP QTP/UFT tools for defect tracking, requirement gathering, planning, analyzing results, and executing automation and manual scripts.
- Independently develops formal test plans, test reports and other related documentation
- Participates in reviews of technical documentation, such as user manuals and suggests improvements and tests incorporated procedures.
- Works synergistically, collaboratively and communicates effectively with the members of the Engineering team and management team. Takes initiative, performs as a mentor and helps build a positive, productive work team.
- Evaluates test processes and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains and administers test management or configuration management software.
- Performs investigative testing on customer and other issues as required.
- B.S. degree in a technical or engineering field, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of software application testing experience.
- Must be passionate about quality.
- Must have senior level testing skills and experience – both manual and automated.
- Ability to creatively and efficiently plan, organize and execute independent verification and validation of product functionality, load and/or performance or similar test types and report results. Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical software requirements, specifications, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to learn and understand client-server, embedded application and database architecture and programs.
- Ability to understand relational database schemas and SQL queries for data validation.
- Must have a working knowledge of standard QA methodologies related to software/firmware development and verification, and configuration management. Experience with HP Quality Center/TestDirector or another such test management tool.
- Ability to act effectively as a member of an engineering team in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Able to multi-task and adapt quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to understand and relate project status and issues via clear verbal and written means.
- Device/HW/Firmware/embedded application testing experience
- Experience with testing applications developed in .Net and C#
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs .
Or, if you prefer, you may fax your resume and cover letter to our HR department at 512.252.6724 or send the information to the following address:
P.O. Box 80649
Austin, Texas 78708-0649
Human Resources Department
Position: Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer