Tested Technology from Hart InterCivic Certified in Indiana
Proven Verity Includes Paper Ballot or Hybrid Voting Options
The Indiana Secretary of State’s office has certified the latest major release of Hart InterCivic’s Verity® Voting system for use in the State. This milestone clears the way for Indiana counties to purchase Verity, the most modern and secure system available.
Verity is an integrated suite of software and a thoughtful combination of U.S.-assembled, purpose-built devices and enterprise-grade commercial hardware, designed from the ground up to make the election process easier and more secure for voters and administrators. The system supports paper ballots as well as hybrid voting options, and it is fully accessible to all voters, including those with disabilities.
Verity is increasingly the system of choice as counties across the U.S. prepare for 2020 elections. Hart expects the certification to open doors to more jurisdictions looking for a traditional paper ballot or hybrid paper-trail option as they replace aging systems.
“The flexible Verity system is part of Hart’s ongoing commitment to efficient, secure voting solutions. We are proud that Verity has met Indiana’s rigorous standards and we can continue delivering safe, secure elections here,” said Phillip Braithwaite, President and CEO of Hart InterCivic, a U.S. company with more than 100 years of experience providing election solutions.
Voters mark their ballots by hand or with the user-friendly Verity Touch Writer, an ADA-compliant paper ballot marking device that provides seamless accessibility at the polling place. Verity Scan allows voters to feed their marked ballots directly into the tabulation device and verify their cast votes.
Verity Print, an on-demand ballot printer in a compact, portable case, saves on the guesswork and waste of pre-printing ballots. The menu-driven device is designed specifically to be easy to learn and easy to use for poll workers. Unlike other on-demand ballot printing solutions, Verity Print does not impose per-click charges.
Verity Duo is a hybrid voting method with the ease of touchscreen and the assurance of a paper trail. Verity Duo is the only hybrid solution on the market that counts votes directly from a human-readable printed summary, not from a bar code that only a machine can read.
- First federally certified in May 2015, Verity includes an array of thoughtful advantages:
- Best-in-industry security protocols to safeguard the sanctity of the vote, including white listing, encryption, two-factor authentication, and redundant data storage.
- Easiest to use system for voters and election officials, with plain-language instructions and consistently user-centric software and hardware design
- A smart, long-term investment because Verity is an all-new, modern platform with a fresh supply chain, not an add-on extension to an already outdated legacy system.
- Compact, lightweight polling place devices that save storage and transportation costs. Verity devices have the smallest physical footprint in the industry.
“Verity is built for the future and flexible enough to adapt to changing demands,” Braithwaite said. “Some counties want touchscreens; some want paper ballots; some want the best of both. Our technology delivers on all levels.”
For more information about the Verity Voting system, please visit https://www.hartintercivic.com/state/indiana/