Hart InterCivic is looking for a persuasive Proposal Writer to join our team in Austin, Texas. The Proposal Writer’s responsibilities include researching and gathering information, creating written content for proposals and other sales support documents, and ensuring proposal compliance with corporate and customer specifications. The Proposal Writer will report to the Proposals Manager and will work closely with key stakeholders and cross-functional input providers including Sales, Product Management, Finance, Operations and Engineering. The ideal candidate will have experience working with state and local government purchasing processes, demonstrable persuasive writing skills, and the ability to manage priorities to ensure adherence to externally driven deadlines.
- Work with proposal stakeholders to develop and execute win strategies for RFP responses.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to determine proposal response strategies.
- Read and assess RFPs to determine business and functional requirements and communicate those requirements to internal stakeholders.
- Read and assess technical response requirements and ensure compliance.
- Utilize and update stored “library” content and customize as needed to meet individual RFP requirements.
- Draft new content and work with internal subject matter experts as appropriate for review.
- Create proposal documents, adhering to established deadlines and guidelines, and distribute to cross-functional team for review.
- Develop expertise in and be able to promote the company’s products, services, and solutions
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines (including occasionally working irregular hours as needed to support proposal submission deadlines)
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office capabilities
- Exceptional facilitation and organization skills
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of persuasive writing experience
- 1-3 years of previous successful technology project/process management experience
- Working knowledge and experience with interdepartmental scheduling and communication
- Experience serving the public sector (state & local governments) a strong plus
Email your resume and cover letter to Hart InterCivic Jobs.
Have questions?Connect with us.
5 Steps to Foster Trust in Elections
Evidenced-based elections create confidence.Learn more
Post Election Audits
Routine, transparent and paper-backed processes support voter trust.Learn more
Testing Before the Vote
Best practices for verifying the integrity of your election.Learn more