Verity® Voting’s paper configuration from Hart InterCivic, will be used in Chatham County’s and Brunswick County’s municipal elections this November. An efficient, secure Election Day helps clear the way to purchase Hart’s next generation voting system.
“These Counties made an important decision to prioritize voter confidence and election security,” said Phillip Braithwaite, President and CEO of Hart InterCivic. “We are eager to show North Carolina voters an easier, more trustworthy experience.”
A leader in the elections industry for over 100 years, Hart offers deep expertise in helping jurisdictions of all sizes to safely and efficiently transition from outdated voting equipment to reliable, modern solutions. Hart has a reputation as a trusted partner for implementations with a proven track record of success.
Verity advantages for North Carolina counties include:
- A hand-marked paper ballot system that does not embed voter selections in a bar code, ensuring 100% voter verifiability.
- Ability to generate full-size, identical printed ballots from accessibility devices at the polling place, ensuring an equal experience for all.
- Best-in-industry security protocols, including white listing, encryption, two-factor authentication and redundant data storage to safeguard the sanctity of the vote.
- User-friendly system for voters and election officials at every touchpoint in the election process.
- Top-ranking customer service from the most experienced election vendor in the nation.
These features and every other Verity function were carefully vetted during the North Carolina certification process. In addition to the rigors of federal certification by the Election Assistance Commission, the State’s process assures election stakeholders that the system will deliver trustworthy results on behalf of voters.
“An official election is the ultimate test of new technology. We look forward to these important next steps in North Carolina,” said Braithwaite. “Chatham and Brunswick saw a better path, and the rest of North Carolina can do the same.”
For more information on the Verity Voting system, please visit www.hartintercivic.com/state/northcarolina/